In collaboration with physician and the primary care teams, the nurse practitioner will provide primary health care services to Prince Albert Parkland Health Region communities. This includes: Community Development, health promotion and protection, disease and injury prevention, provision of supportive, instructive, treatment and emergency services; collaboration with and referral to other health care professionals; conducting community needs assessments and participating in evaluative projects.
Current registration with the SRNA and Licensed as an
Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing Preferred
Three full time years’ experience as a registered nurse
Current Level C Basic Cardiac Life Support
Valid driver's license, vehicle and ability to travel
Strong communication and public relations skills
Experience in community needs assessment, community development, and health promotion
Two to Three years’ experience as a Primary Care Nurse or Nurse
Current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support preferred
Experience or education in treatment of trauma preferred
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: THREE BROAD CATEGORIES
Community Health Services
- Assist individuals, families and communities to increase their knowledge, control and influence of health determinants in the maintenance and improvement of their health status.
- Utilize strategies to support lifestyle changes and modifications which are conducive to a healthier lifestyle.
- Identify, initiate and collaborate in health promotion activities.
- Utilize knowledge of health education and promotion to assist parents, teachers and community groups in promotion of health activities.
- Perform detailed assessments of a client \ resident's health status - physical assessment, interview, complete health history.
- Identify actual or potential health problems based on an analysis of the data collected.
- Plan therapeutic intervention(s) jointly with the client and other health care workers.
- Implement measures to promote health, protect against disease, treat illnesses or accidents; limit disability.
- Demonstrate knowledge of community services and refer clients to the appropriate resource.
- Develop programs and services which reflect the health needs and priorities of the community as identified by the needs assessment process.
- supports the mission, philosophy and objectives of the Prince Albert Parkland Health Region
- Practices within the Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics
- Works within the Nurse Practitioner and Advanced Practice Nurse competencies as outlined by the SRNA and the Canadian Nurses Association
- Responsible for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care for clients;
- functions as a member of interdisciplinary health teams - consults and refers to appropriate health care member when necessary; collaborates with other members of the health team to ensure quality care for the client;
- utilizes the nursing process, knowledge and skills to educate, treat, promote health and prevent illness;
- Is responsible and accountable at all times for personal practice;
- Obtains necessary skill sets for transfer of medical functions as required at the site. Collaborates with the physicians to achieve this.
- Demonstrates leadership, confidence and autonomy in the RN (NP) role.
- Demonstrates organizational capacity to plan, implement and evaluate multiple assessments, projects and deadlines at the individual, group and community levels.
- Demonstrates educational skills and strategies produce positive healthy outcomes for individuals, groups and communities
- Demonstrates ability to work in a team, successfully promoting collaborative practice with other health professionals on the Primary Health team.
- Demonstrates capacity for visioning, goal setting and utilizing change theory
RELATIONSHIP WITHIN THE COMMUNITY:
- Utilizes both formal and informal consultation processes with other professional and community groups and volunteers including: physicians, community services such as Public Health Nurse, Mental Health Services, Community Therapies, First Nation communities, school staff, RCMP, Ambulance Services, Home Care, Education Officer and support staff and others in the community;
- Participates as a team member of the local Primary Care Team as well as regional teams.
- Wage Range: $48.07 – $58.69
- Superior health and dental
- Superior Pension Plan through SHEPP
- Eligible for Relocation Assistance up to $3,000 for one-year return for service. Application process involved and subject to funding availability.
Direct Inquiries and Submit Resumes To:
Human Resources, Solutions Staffing